I'm James. I work as a data scientist and software person in a bright lights big city. I'm into a lot of stuff but it's all the usual stuff so imagine that stuff and it'll probably overlap with my stuff.
What are some things I can expect from this blog?
I have some niche interests that I probably will post about more often than others. Here are some of them.
- Math (I did topology and algebra but I like other things)
- Programmin' Tools and Data Analytics Tools
- Case Studies in Data Analytics
- Python (the language, maybe the snake)
- Link to the Past Ranomizer
- Video Game Randomizers In General
- Goals and Goal-Organizing
- Personal betterment (but not the "everyone is a winner" posts from Linkedin)
- Financial Independence and Financial Planning for every kind of income
- NES Games
- Minimizing things (which doesn't mean living like a monk)
If you like or hate any of these things, cool. I might write about them.
Can I Support You Or Your Blog?
There's two main ways you can support me but only if you have some weird, wild craving to help out someone.
- You can donate to me personally via Stripe below. Payments will go to covering server costs for the year (around \$60, Digital Ocean hosted Ghost droplet — \$5/mo).
After server costs are paid up, the rest of the donations will be donated to charity; for 2020, the charity is https://worldtoilet.org/ (it's more important than you might think; check out Rose George's The Big Necessity for an overview of the subject).
- You can donate directly to my favorite charity Midwest Dachshund Foundation http://mwdr.org/success-stories. These little wiener dogs need help, and you can help them. :']